Monday, December 8, 2008

Describe yourself to your classmates

... and feel free to be creative.

This was one of the essay topics for NYU Stern. For curious readers, my application is under review there.
So, as you guys know, the only creative thing that I am capable of is writing a few words and making them rhyme (sounds very simple, doesn't it), here I was again juggling with words to put in my points. And this is what I came up with -- (criticism and comments are welcome)

Born and brought up in a small Indian town,
For education and career I was bogged down.
Leaving the apprehensive family for higher education,
In the big city of Bombay I felt like a clown.

Took me a few days to get comfortable,
But soon I became one of the most desirable.
Taking up activities and organizing all parties,
I got the fun-loving and energetic label.

For professionals workplace can become serious,
When there’re needed a few moments delirious.
And this is exactly what I did at my job,
In making boring places fun, I am imperious.

I love travelling around and trekking,
Another thing that gives me a high is biking.
We’ll explore places around NY,
And conquer the roads and high peaks like a king.

Dance acts like a stress buster for me,
Though I am no Michael Jackson I agree,
But isn’t this the most wonderful thing,
You need not be a genius to enjoy dancing spree.

Took part in social service activities many,
I also co-founded the CSR committee of my company.
So now you have a classmate to enliven our clubs,
One who you will always like to accompany.

Fun is not the only thing I provide,
With me all your maths problems will glide.
Analytical skills I honed at the best engg college,
So project worries you can set aside.

So, with me you all can look for fun-filled two years,
Filled with laughter and lot of beers.
And if you think that fun and work don’t really mix,
Get all set and ready to change your gears.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

if i have to put down myself for this just a thing that says it all....its a treat for all such readers who enjoy reading something interesting....

Sodium said...

Indeed, very interesting :)

Unknown said...

If this wouldnt impress the Adcom then God bless their souls !! Wish you all the luck for Stern !

Saurabh Goyal said...

Thanks Smack D. If you are impressed, I am sure so will they be :)

Ishar said...

you give them what they ask for, and how...!! this is such a chicken soup for american soul

KauMoChan said...

interesting...

Shravani said...

Wow! Pretty interesting way of describing oneself! Displaying your talent with words and describing yourself;both achieved at the same time :)

Unknown said...

Wow... Autobiographical poetry.... very impressive.
- Malini.

Saurabh Goyal said...

Thanks guys :)